Wednesday, January 30, 2008

No swift, no ball winder, but still a centre-pull ball?




Yes, I did it! Except for a little discomfort at the halfway point when my thumb became quite numb and turned blue, I managed to create a centre-pull ball wound by hand, quite literally. I followed the instructions found here. Next time I will wind the first part much looser though, to keep the circulation going!






Okay, here is where my thumb goes numb (photo right) and I take the half-formed ball off and wind the rest of the wool just around the ball itself.


Ta-da! A lovely ball of Berroco Peruvia - Tilted Duster here I come.


I realize the rest of the knitting world is already looking ahead to spring, but here in southern Ontario it is still very much "winter." Today the wind is gusting at 50- 70 km/hour, making the -8 degrees Celsius feel like -18! Not the best weather for running but perfect weather for a bit of winter knitting...


A kind word warms three winter months.

~Japanese Proverb




No comments: