Wednesday, January 16, 2008

...Fetching...

It's done...well, except for kitchener under the arms, sewing in yarn bits, washing and blocking (sigh), the Cobblestone is finished! The trial try-on by DH shows a good fit but it is "quite itchy." I really hope a good SOAK helps with that...(photos to come).

In the meantime, as a reprieve before starting another big project, I made a pair of these:











Fetching


The pattern may be found here and is designed by Cheryl Niamath. I used Sublime (baby cashmerino silk dk) which really is sublime to knit with! These took less than one 50g (116m/127 yds) ball on 4mm dpn's, but the fit is a bit small for me. I did not do the picot edge bind-off as I had heard this seems a bit loose, so I stuck to straight forward bind-off in the K4-P1 pattern. DD#1 found them to be a perfect fit and claimed them as her own. I hope to finish a second, slightly larger pair for my sister-in-law's birthday this Sunday.


No comments: