Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October Rain




Today is an about-face from the 26 degree Celsius sunshine we enjoyed yesterday! Although everything looks fresh, clean, and green outside right now, the temperature is beginning to drop and the rain continues. A perfect day for .... cleaning (yes, I can't avoid it today).


Also, great weather for baking .... I'll get those old bananas off the counter.


And of course, perfect weather for a bit of knitting. I began the Cobblestone pullover last week and am making slow progress. My guage looks good but I am a bit afraid that I might not have enough wool. So far I have already used 2 balls and it calls for 13. I will keep my fingers crossed and re-measure after another two balls or so. Here is a photo of some of the "cobbling" in progress. The wool is a bit darker than it appears here and has flecks of beige and darker gray in it as well. This shows where the garter stitch continues along the sides.


No comments: