Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Birth of a Blog





What better way to start my first knitting blog than with a FO (finished object) or two?! First, still hot off the needles is the "Alligator Scarf" from Morehouse Farms. I am very happy with the way he turned out and will definitely make a few more.



Also recently finished and sent off to a lovely new baby is the Pea Pod cardigan which is a free pattern from Interweave Knits. For this I used Sirdar Snuggly DK which is a bit fuzzy but very soft.







Next up - Jared Flood's Cobblestone Pullover in the latest edition of Interweave Knits. There is a really nice one posted here. I was having difficulty finding a wool to use but settled on Natura by Marks & Kattens in a dark, smokey gray. I found this at a wonderful shop I stumbled upon called "Ferguson's Wool" up in Myrtle. This store is a small house filled with beautiful yarns from floor to ceiling, two stories! It's worth the drive to Myrtle...






1 comment:

Mandy said...

That alligator is too fun! Woohoo for first blog posts!