Monday, October 15, 2007

10's and 1's

Blogging - day two:



Well, I have learned a thing or two about blogging, search engines crawling, being patient, etc. Although I can see my blog, it appears no one else can...yet.



In the meantime I will continue to update. Today's post is about the "run away" aspect of this blog. I have two sisters who run (5K's, 10K's, half-marathons, even one full marathon). About a year ago they began giving me "gifts" like running shoes, water bottles, and gift certificates to the Running Room. I took the hint and two weeks ago I finished my first 5K at the Run for the Cure!
Following the Running Room's Learn to Run program I gradually built up my running time until I was running 10 minutes and walking 1 minute, then running 10 minutes, walking 1 minute, etc. Here I am crossing the finish line after 38 minutes (3-1/2 sets of 10 minutes running with 3 one minute walking breaks):



Today I stuck to a nice, gentle run of 20 minutes (2 sets of 10's and 1's). If I can only figure out a way to knit and run at the same time...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hi Caroline! It seems I have your email address wrong, but I wanted to answer your question about the EZ swatch and the Wallaby.

The EZ fairisle pattern is from The Opinionated Knitter (my favorite book).

The Wallaby was purchased from The Naked Sheep online store, and it appears they still have it. The pattern is well worth the $6!

Congrats on your first 5K!