Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Supper is working

I am so grateful that my sister and I tried out Supperworks . At first, I must admit, I was a bit skeptical mostly because of the cost added to my grocery budget. Now, having actually eaten three of the meals, I am truly impressed ... not only with the wonderful-tasting and nutritious meals ... but also because it does truly work.


For example: Saturday was another 12-hour day shift in the land of the wee ones where things were going quite smoothly. Back at home, however, our youngest was sick, sick, sick. By 5 PM he had a fever up to 39.7 despite children's ibuprofen. After calling me at work, DD's 1&2 tried to help by placing cool clothes on his forehead and armpits. Thinking more is...well...better...soon the poor sick boy had not one, not two, not three, but 13 cool wash clothes covering most of his body and he was most uncomfortable! His dad rescued him from the "nurses" and managed to cook supper at the same time. I got home as quickly as I could with some Tylenol (more effective) for the now 40 degree fever and was still able to sit down to a nice meal of balsamic pork tenderloin, noodles with sauce, and cooked carrots.



Sick boy is doing better now but still home with a nasty cough that lingers after the fever. I have been very busy training for a new work-from-home job and so yesterday we enjoyed meal #3. This was steak in a tangy rasperry sauce. The picture is of the leftovers and unfortunately doesn't do the dish justice. Believe me though, it was absolutely delicious!



Now a bit about knitting for a change. For fun, have a visit over at Mason-Dixon and place your vote. I couldn't help voting for Babs the Sock Monkey who just has the whole package. Annabelle the Rat is a very close second (would have been a tie but we had to pick only one), and Kermit (#17) is also too cute. Salmon Wrap should get honourable mention here as well for most artistic and best photography.

Who got your vote?

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

That Teeny Weeny Runway Project was hilarious. My favourites were Babs the Sock Monkey, Annabell the Rat (until I found out poor Annabell was once real), Mr. Beaver (especially his tail cosy) and Hippy Troll (I once knit a little sweater for a naked troll). I also admit to knitting a cellphone cosy and a little stuffed horse for a baby shower gift that I couldn't give because it looked demented.