Monday, December 10, 2007

...busted...

Winter seems to have settled into southern Ontario and unfortunately I seemed to have settled into winter. It is just so easy to move into hybernation mode, stay indoors, knit a bit, go to work, sleep a bit, knit a bit more.... and I was getting away with it too, that is, until this weekend...



Saturday was a lovely day, the sun was out, the temperature was quite mild, no cold wind even, and so the thought did cross my mind that I should go out for a run before I fall totally back out of shape. The thought was later reinforced when I stopped in at VanBelle's and spoke briefly with Karl, one of the owners, about...running. Next, off I go to the library where I bump into Peter and Marja, my pastor and his wife, who casually ask if I have been "keeping up with my running lately?" Nope. Then I find out they had run with the church running club that morning, after which they donated blood! Okay, okay, I get the hint! Busted again....



And so, after the kids were off to school this morning, I headed out to a local indoor track and ran in circles for 20 minutes. Done!



Now for a bit of knitting....I have no trouble with this activity in the winter months! Apparently you only burn off about 30 calories per hour knitting but I think I doubled that while making this hat! Here is Jared Flood's Koolhaas and I love it, love it, love it. However, I did muddle up the decrease rows and had to tear back some of it four times before I got it right. It wasn't the pattern's fault ....just mine. Even though it took me longer than I originally thought, I will definitely make this one again and probably add an extra pattern section for my big-headed relatives!


Lydia loves the Koolhaas too, snatched it off the dummy head, and has been wearing it ever since!

1 comment:

Dutchboy said...

Wow...nice hat!
How's that sweater coming along for your well-deserving husband?!